REPORT SCORES FOR SATURDAY GAMES BY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY GAMES AS SOON AS THEY ARE OVER– IMPORTANT – Please send me your scores for Saturday games no later than Saturday night and do not wait until Sunday. I need the additional time to get the playoffs seeding and matchups together for Monday. In fact I would appreciate if you could text or email the scores of the games to me as they end as I need time to go through all the tie-breakers and set the match ups to have them ready by Monday afternoon. BOTH VISITORS AND HOME TEAMS MUST REPORT THEIR SCORES.
PLAYOFF INFORMATION: This is just a note so everyone knows some basic information on playoffs.
- Based on the number of teams in each level of play and to be consistent, the top 4 teams in each division (MM to 14U) will be D1 regardless of record. All others will be D2 (up to 8 teams in some divisions).
- D1 teams will have a first week bye and play on Nov 3/4.
- Championship games on Nov 17/18 weekend @ either SSV (Saturday) or 300 (Sunday) fields.
- On Monday October 22 I will send out the seeding information for all levels and presidents can let me know by 10 PM Monday night if there are any issues. There will be no playoff meeting.
- On Tuesday October 23 the playoff game schedule with times, days and locations will be sent out for the first week of playoffs (October 27/28). THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES AFTER THE SCHEDULE COMES OUT UNLESS A TEAM DROPS OUT SO IF YOU HAVE REQUESTS GET THEM TO ME BY 8 PM MONDAY.
- Playoff match-ups, times, days and locations will be sent out each Monday after that starting Monday Oct 29.
- Nov 10 playoff games are only at the SR field so any teams playing week 3 during playoffs will have to travel to Sacramento
- Week 8 and during playoffs I will need presidents and hosts to send me game scores immediately after their games are completed.
- If there are teams tied for the final playoff spot in D1 with no tie-breaker, those teams would first be given the option to move to D2 or stay D1 and if possible their requests will be granted as long as there were 4 teams left in both D1 and D2 playoffs. The exception would be if both teams wanted to move to D2 leaving only 3 teams in D1. In that case they would both stay in D1 as long as there were still 4 teams in the D2 bracket.
- If a team is hosting they will be scheduled at home unless their opponent is also hosting and is a higher seed.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the last game of the day includes a team from the hosting association (needed in most cases for clean-up etc…).